Cloud2050 FastList Test Steps
Step 1. Install SharePoint Add-in
Install the SharePoint Add-in from SharePoint Store. Remove the current installed Add-in if it is installed. FastList requires "manage web" permissions to host web in order to create custom columns in list. Creating the app specific columns is optional and will be decided by users with the right permissions when they start to use the application.
Step 2. Create a SharePoint Issue Tracking List
Limitation: Currently not all types of SharePoint fields or features are supported by FastList. The best way to test FastList is to create a SharePoint out-of-the-box Issue Tracking List. Document library is not supported and it won't be accessible from the add-in.
Browser: Works best with the current version of Chrome browser.
1. Launch SharePoint site in browser. Click "Site Contents" -> Create new app -> Select "Issue Tracking". Name the list "My Issue List" and create an out-of-the-box "Issue Tracking" with all the default columns.
Go to the list settings page of "My Issue List", select the "Comments" column and either delete the column or change "Append Changes to Existing Text" to "No" and change it to "Enhanced rich text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks)".
Select the "Description" column and change it to "Enhanced rich text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks)".
2. Go back to SharePoint home page. Select "Edit Links" on the left menu and move "My Issue List" from "Recent" to the Quick Launch menu. This will make "My Issue List" show up in the left menu of FastList too, otherwise you will need to select "All Lists" on the left menu of FastList to see the links to launch the list view.
3. Launch the Cloud2050 FastList add-in. Click "My Issue List" on the left menu to launch the list view. If "My Issue List" is not on the left menu, click "All Lists" to see all the available lists.
4. Click "+" button to add new list item. (Please see step 2 about "Comments" field)
5. Select an item and click the view button to view the list item.
6. Select an item and click the "pen" button to edit the list item. (Please see step 2 about "Comments" field)
7. Select an item and click the "clone" button on the right most of the list menu to copy it into a few more items.
8. Select an item and click "x" button to delete the selected item.
9. Click the "Enable multiple selection" button to enable multiple selection.
10. Select a few items and click the "Trash can" button to delete all selected items.
11. Click refresh button to reload the list view.
12. Click the inline editing button to edit multiple items inline. When editing an item inline, click the item once to change the item into editing mode and then click the text field to start to editing. Once done with editing the text, click away from the item to save the change.
13. Type a search text in the search box. The list items will be filtered based on the text in the search box. The search will only match the first three text or number columns in the list view.
You are done!